Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July

Can you believe that the United States had just celebrated the 231st independence day? On this very day, 231 years ago, the United States had declared independence from the Great Britain. Oh my, how time really flies and I'm almost a quarter of a century now. You must be wondering why is 4th of July significant to me. Well, I would say that because I've been in the United States for 4 years and I did enjoyed every moment that I've spent there. The United States had gave me a chance to understand a whole new culture and to experience what is it like to live life at GMT-05:00. It's an experience that money can't buy. Though I've been there for 4 years, I know I still had alot to learn about the United States and many grounds to cover.

What I miss most on this day was the airshows, the parades, the fireworks, the BBQ and the environment. The celebrations are always grand and wouldn't be complete without the fireworks and the grills. Last 2 years, I was at the BattleCreek Airshow and was at St. Joseph beach firing up the grill for a sumptuous BBQ endeavour last year. Though I'm back in Malaysia this year but, there's always a part of America in me and in my heart. I wish that one day I can own a mansion along the coastal beach of California because it's one of the most beautiful places in the world I've been to.

Happy 231st Independence Day fellow Americans.

No comments: